Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Resident Evil 5

I started playing this game a while ago with one of my friends, but we haven't been able to co-ordinate a time to play lately. Even when we do schedule a time, something comes up and foils the plan. Sigh. We'll work it out eventually I guess. We've gotten to the 3-x stage where you are gunning down motorcycle Majinis from the jeep.

Anyways, about the game - it's a lot of fun. Kind of hectic with the number of zombies (Here, the zombies are people controlled by a baseball-sized bio-weapon parasite called the Las Plagas, rather than a virus.) and they rush you, unlike the older RE games I'd played on the Playstation way long ago.

I don't want to get too far ahead of my partner, so I've been playing the already-completed portions of the game casually. I set it on amateur mode where I can blaze away at the zombies with the guns and not really worry about ammo.

I read a few FAQs and they say that if you upgrade the Skorpion SMG fully and finish the game, it will unlock a minigun for Chris Redfield that has unlimited ammo. Sounds pretty fun. Similarly, if you upgrade the Sako Rifle all the way when you finish, you unlock a bow for Sheva Alomar. I wonder how much damage they do?

When you play with a CPU partner, the AI can really vary in response. Computer-Sheva can nail a zombie that is a speck on a cliff when in attack mode using the rifle. However there are times where there is a zombie right in front of you, and she does nothing with pistol nor rifle. (until you are grabbed and chewed on)

It was really annoying in the low light stage underground. If you take the light, Sheva goes stupid while something is coming after you. Its better if she takes the light, but you have to be a decent shot in the dark for some of those foes. It seems every 2nd foe in those tunnels turns into a Las Plagas spinning nightmare, so annoying.

I could see myself in the harder difficulty setting, trying to just run past it all instead of shooting it.

Maybe it isn't such a good idea to have maxed out the critical ratings on all the guns? The critical rating is a chance to blow their head off, which I think means that the Las Plagas might pop out and take over, and you have to kill the foe a second time. That is a bother since the critical upgrades were not cheap.

I guess I'll try upgrading a piercing or other weapon next.

Upsen.

No comments: