Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Borderlands after L20

The game really takes off after L20 or so! You start finding things like class mods that improve skills and grants abilities related to the class, and makes it a lot more fun.

I played a few sessions of multiplayer with E and we got a couple of soldiers up to about that level,. Ammunition is no longer a worry. You effectively have unlimited ammo with the Support Gunner mods, the one I happen to use has a +8 ammo/tick on top of skills boosting. That's +8 ammo regeneration ALL the time, not only when using the Scorpion turret! I wonder what sort of goodies the other classes get?

There are multiple types of class mods, and they all give titles. I happen to like the Support Gunner one, and E is using a Leader mod that gives like +21% more xp from kills. There is also a Tactician one and a Shock trooper one, I should start looking up info about this stuff.


Previously I was sort of "meh" about this game, but now I'm actually kind of excited about it.

Upsen.

p.s. - Yes, I know ammo "regen" is a weird concept that breaks a few too many reality rules (even game-reality), but dammit it is useful. I just think of it as him always being well supplied.

No comments: