Sunday, November 17, 2013

1985 Hyaku Shiki - Primer 1st Coat

I had a chance to finally get the primer airbrushed onto the kit - the results are pretty nice! I used Tamiya Spray Primer cause I had some lying around. I decanted some into a baby food jar I had around, and poured from there into my airbrush. It didn't clog the airbrush, even though I didn't thin the primer, I figured that since it was already a spray, it ought to do well enough being sprayed from the airbrush instead.

Cleaning was a little tougher - the primer didn't want to flush nicely out of the colour cup, but it might be due to the fact that I left the brush sitting there with primer in it for an hour or so, while I went to go feed the baby.  In the end I managed to get it clean enough though, with a bit of scrubbing using a pair of tweezers and paper towel soaked in acrylic thinner.

Next step will probably be some assembly, putty, and filing/sanding to remove the join lines between the pieces.  Airbrushing will have to wait a little bit longer.

Upsen.

No comments: