Saturday, November 23, 2013

1985 Hyaku Shiki - Shoulders done

I finished assembling and sanding the shoulder and upper arms.

I did a bit of experimenting with the upper arms here, since it was my first time actually trying to completely wipe out all traces of the mold lines where the plastic joins together.  There were a few things that I hadn't really thought much about until I got to this step.

  • Glue strips primer off.
  • Filing and sanding takes the primer off.
  • You have to paint the joints before you assemble them.

This meant that I had to re-primer a good sized area of the upper arms cause I was doing so much work to the edges, so I used a brush - didn't feel like taking out the airbrush and getting too deep into things today.

I also ended up brush-painting the insides of the shoulder joints, I figure that later on, the airbrush isn't going to be able to reach inside those areas.  You can see the gold paint I used for the shoulders on a bit of plastic bag in the picture.
 
At this point I'll wait till I get a chance to run my airbrush again.  Assembling the lower arms will cover up part of the upper arms at the joint, and I need to get it painted before it gets covered up.

Upsen.

No comments: