Monday, November 10, 2008

Elite Armour set finished, woohoo!


I obtained the last 2 pieces of the Bio-E elite armor on Sunday. It was a win and it pulled me out of my farming hell, but a little disappointing at the same time.

I was travelling from the start of WS3-4 to the usual spider farming area when a lowbie joined me - he was about L17. I had a bit of trouble with his accent at first, and I was still mid fight with about half a dozen dark elves and 3 missile goblins, so I told him to just hang tight.

Eventually when it was calmer, we had a bit of a discussion. He was asking me to powerlevel him from 17-20, which he felt was a dead-spot, and he was offering whatever I wanted in payment for it. So I told him what I was looking for - the rest of my Elite Armor set, so I could get out of the spider farm.

He said he had a Bio-E and a full set of Elite armor. (Actually he said he had 14 characters spread across a few memory cards, all with elite armors) Imagine my surprise when he said he was willing to part with whichever parts of his Bio-E armor in exchange for the power levelling!

I was stunned. This stupid Elite armor that was giving me grief for the past 3 weeks was being offered to me for about 15 minutes worth of powerlevelling.

So I did it. I think the fellow had a special technique with the trading using his multiple memory cards, so that the items went into my inventory without getting deleted from his. I guess that the game doesn't tag each piece of armor with an ID.

So now I have all the armor, even though it was kind of a cheap way to do it. However, it means I'll be spending weeks less of mindless spider farming because of it, so I guess it is a good thing. (the wife will probably be happier too)

I got the completion for the Elite Armor achievement when I put the last piece on. (completing all 1000 points for the game, my first complete game 8)

I dyed the whole set a nice red colour to get rid of the default green/blue scheme.

Maybe I'll post a pic of it later.


Upsen.

No comments: