Tuesday, December 16, 2008

End of the 20s. Also Jumping vs Flying.

Shield Tank at L30 now, the 20s went by REALLY quickly.

I went through L21-25 by way of a single Sister Psyche Task Force, and 25-29 in a couple of Citadels.

I guess it's time to start looking into some IO sets. Maybe start figuring out how to add in a couple of sets of Blessing of the Zephyr on travel powers, for +positional defense. It's expensive though, costing a few hundred (500? 600?) merits or about 60 million on the market at the moment. So it'll probably be a while before I have a full set.


At some point I'll have to change over from Super Jump to Flight too. I feel that as a character is levelling, speed is of the essence - you need to get there fast, get away fast, etc etc. Endurance use is at a premium too, so Combat Jump makes the most sense for melee fights, it is really good defensive bang for the endurance buck.

Once I roll into the 40s, the sense of urgency is a lot lessened and I have some reliable defenses and better endurance options. So flight starts feeling like a better option - finer positioning for the big pulls, faster hover due to higher level, and being able to hang permanently in mid air for evil places such as the shadow shard or inside the Hamidon.

Upsen.

No comments: