Friday, October 31, 2008

Too Human Online Co-op

I wasn't having much luck with finding the elite red armour on my own, either in the Campaign mode or online mode hosting a solo game, so I decided to join in a few public games on the match making system in the game. Selecting custom match to pick out fair Round Robin games, I checked what L50 games there were going. There were a good page and a half of matches, though it would have been nice to have an option to filter out the ones that were too low level.

One thing that surprised me was the lack of talking in the game. Some didn't speak English, all right, so the game doesn't really NEED you to always be chatting and talking about something, as long as you could say "lets go this way" or "help!" or something.

Other players were totally silent, as if they didnt have a microphone plugged in at all. I mean, how are you supposed to be co ordinate a co-op game?

As a matter of fact, when I finally heard someone actually say "Hello there, watch out for the trolls", I was surprised enough that I did get hit by the troll's ice AOE. :D It was my 4th game and about 5th hour of play over the course of a few days.

Still no luck with the Elite Armor, but I did pick up a necrotizing Weapon+Armor based rune, and I traded a purple rune for a red weapon based leech rune. (They needed a particular purple rune and I happened to have it - very generous of them!)

Upsen.

No comments: